Summer is a busy time for school districts. They spend lots of time and money on infrastructure projects such as computer upgrades, software purchases, and improvements or fixes to heating and cooling systems.
But school patrons will witness a number of very visible (or audible!) changes next fall. The Decorah Community School District Interim Board reviewed those projects at their Monday night meeting. The projects will include:
• upgrade to High School auditorium sound system
• Carrie Lee LED lighting
• Carrie Lee rubber playground mat
• replacement of sound panels at the Middle School gym
• construction of moveable pit cover for High School auditorium
• sanding and refinishing of both High School and Middle School gym floors
• new wrestling mats for the Middle School
• new lighting for High School auditorium
• new communication/paging systems throughout the district buildings
With the late school dismissal this summer, and with additional workloads related to transition of the North Winneshiek facilities, crews will be pressed to complete and coordinate all the projects. Fortunately, much of the work will be contracted.