Decorah Police Department reports the results of their Special Traffic Enforcement Program
Posted: Tue, Jul 10, 2018 10:32 AM
The Decorah Police Department has just completed a sTEP (Special Traffic Enforcement Program) wave. The increased enforcement wave ran from July 1st through July 4th.
Seven officers from the Decorah Police Department contributed to the following sTEP wave statistics:
• 1 seatbelt warning issued
• 6 speeding citations issued
• 1 stop sign/stop light citation issued
• 6 motorist assists made by officers
• 22 various warnings given out
Seatbelt usage surveys are performed before and after the sTEP waves. Decorah's pre-wave seatbelt usage percentage was 93%. The post-wave usage was 92%.