Decorah Police Department reports the results of their Special Traffic Enforcement Program
Posted: Wed, Jun 13, 2018 9:01 AM
The Decorah Police Department has just completed a sTEP (Special Traffic Enforcement Program) wave.
12 officers from the Decorah Police Department contributed to the following sTEP wave statistics:
- 3 Operating While Impaired (OWI) arrests
- 1 seatbelt citation
- 15 speeding citations
- 1 stop sign/stop light citation
- 1 Registration violation
- 1 Open Container citation
- 2 various other traffic citations
- 14 traffic accidents investigated (2 involved personal injury)
- 8 motorists assists
- 22 faulty equipment warnings
Seatbelt usage surveys are performed before and after the sTEP waves. Decorah's pre-wave seatbelt usage percentage was 90%, and post-wave was 93%.