Registration for summer Discovery Camps at Luther College is now underway.
Discovery Camps are environmental education camps providing hands-on outdoor learning experiences for students from preschool through middle school. Campers will spend their days exploring and connecting to nature, gaining new skills, meeting new friends, and making lasting memories. The various camps will help campers investigate habitats, track animals, catch bugs, make fire without matches, build shelters, go geocaching, and more.
All camps run from 8:30 a.m.--3:30 p.m. and take place on the Luther College campus and surrounding natural areas. Camps are scheduled as follows:
· June 4-5: Wild Wonderers (1st grade)
· June 6-8: Wild Wonderers (2nd grade)
· June 11-15: Adventurers (3rd-6th grades)
· June 18-22: Survival (7th-9th grades)
· June 18-22: Kindernature (Pre-K; camp runs 9:00-11:00 am)
· June 25-29: Pathfinders (5th-7th grades)
For more information and registration, visit www.luther.edu/environmental-outreach. Discounted early-bird registration ends April 15th. Space in each camp is limited and partial need-based scholarships are available.
Discovery Camps are a partnership between Luther College and Winneshiek County Conservation.