After no public comments, the Decorah Community School Board set the calendar for the 2017-18 school year at their Monday night meeting.
• Classes will begin on the earliest allowed start date: Wednesday, August 23rd.
• Winter Break will be from Saturday, December 23rd through Tuesday, January 2nd
• 2nd semester will feature two 4-day weekends: February 16th through the 19th and March 30th through April 2nd
• Last day for seniors will be May 17
• Commencement will be held Sunday, May 20th (Luther College Commencement will be May 27th)
• Last regular day of classes is scheduled for Thursday, May 24th.
Any make-up days will be added to the end of the school year and not imposed into scheduled days off during the regular schedule.