Decorah news. First. Fast. Free.
Go Back5

Ask Mr. Answer Person: "Where can I get rid of an old box TV and two old computer monitors?"

Posted: Tue, Apr 3, 2012 3:28 PM

Dave e-mails Mr. Answer Person: "I have an old box TV and two old computer monitors to get rid of.  Where can I do this and what is the cost?"

Mr. Answer Person says:  There are a few private businesses doing e-recycling, but probably the best bet is to take the electronics to the Winneshiek County Landfill.  They accept household appliances and TVs.

However, as is the case with everyone who accepts old electronics, there is a fee.  The landfill wil charge you $18 per piece, but will use that money to help cover the costs of sending the TV sets and computer monitors to a company that does demanufacturing, which keeps harmful chemicals out of landfills.

Go Back5
Designed by Iroc Web Design Services.