The Decorah Community School Board got another tour of the Thomas Roberts renovation and construction project prior to their Monday night meeting. Items of current interest include:
• The auditorium roof is in the process of being replaced.
• The floor on the new gym is nearly completed, with finishing work beginning Monday night.
• Bleachers for the new gym should be here and installed next week.
• Varsity locker rooms are on track for opening about May 1. Each locker room will have 124 lockers.
• Classroom seating and furniture is beginning to arrive.
• Work continues on the renovation of the old gym area as it converts to a kitchen, cafeteria, multipurpose and storage facility. That should be completed next fall with full use anticipated after the holiday 2012 recess.
• Significant progress is being made to the front entrance, central office and ICN room at the front of the building. These will be fully completed by August 1.
• Footers have been poured for the weight training area.
Principal Kim Sheppard reports that they are working on seating arrangements for graduation in the new gym, and crews will soon begin some temporary wall construction for entrance hallways to the ceremony in the new gym.