The Decorah Community School Board met Monday night to start the new year. Business and reports included:
• Outgoing member Mona Nelson was recognized for her service to the board, beginning in 1996.
• New member John Hjelle, and reelected members Brian Petersburg and Melanie Tietz were sworn in.
• Meeting times will continue to be the second Monday each month at 6:00 p.m.
• A public hearing was set for next month's meeting related to passing the Instructional Support Levy
• John Hjelle was appointed as the board representative to the Shareholders' Group. The board also agreed that the changing face of technology in education would be a primary focus for that group this year.