The Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, supported by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation, is currently accepting nominations for the annual Paula J. Tower Memorial Award.
This award was established to honor Paula Tower's legacy and to remember the difference just one person can make. Every year, this award is given to area one individual who has exemplified the selfless giving of time and energy to advance the message of hope for a future without breast cancer.
Criteria for the award:
• The nominee must reside in Iowa, Minnesota or Wisconsin.
• The nominee must have given his or her time and energy to help support local breast cancer programs or have made a significant influence in our community by dealing with breast cancer education, screening, treatment and/or support programs.
• Nominations will be accepted from the general public and should be typed or hand-written on a separate sheet of paper.
All nominations must include the following information:
• Your name, address and phone number.
• Nominee's name, address and phone number.
• Detailed description of how your nominee meets the selection criteria.
The winner will be announced at this year's Steppin' Out in Pink walk for breast cancer research on Saturday, September 11 at Gundersen Lutheran, La Crosse. The presentation will begin at 9 a.m. on the main stage.
All applications must be mailed before Friday, August 27, to the Paula J. Tower Memorial Award, Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, Attn: Gayle Jago, 1900 South Avenue, EB1-002, La Crosse, WI 54601. You can also e-mail your application to email@example.com.
Nominate that person in your life who dreams of a future without breast cancer. For more information, contact Gayle at (608) 775-4999 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 54999.