Registration has begun for the first in a series of Seed Savers gardening classes
Posted: Wed, Apr 14, 2010 2:29 PM
Registration has begun for an April 24th gardening class, "Preparing Your Soil and Mulching," at Seed Savers Exchange north of Decorah.
The class is the first in a series of classes this summer sponsored by Seed Savers Exchange and the Pepperfield Project that are designed to teacher gardeners everything they need to know about planting, growing and harvesting a kitchen garden. All sessions will be held at Heritage Farm north of Decorah.
- May 15 – Planting Your Kitchen Garden
- June 26 – Fall Garden Care & Fall Garden Planting Ideas
- August 28 – Seed Saving & Fall Harvesting
- September 11 – Canning Tomatoes
- September 18 – Freezing Pesta
- October 9 – Drying Herbs
- November 13 – Root Cellar, House, Basement Storage
All workshops are held from 9:00 a.m. until noon Saturdays and cost $10 per person ($8 for Seed Savers members). Classes are limited to 40 gardeners per session; pre-registration is required. To register call Kathy Greentree at 563-382-5900.